CANCER IS THE LEADING DISEASE-RELATED CAUSE OF DEATH AMONG KIDS IN ONTARIO. BY FUNDRAISING OR DONATING TO A PARTICIPANT YOUR SUPPORT WILL HELP CHILDREN WITH CANCER AND THEIR FAMILIES THROUGH DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT AND BEYOND.
The Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario (POGO) champions childhood cancer care. When a child is battling cancer, we ensure that the child has lifelong access to the best care for the best possible outcomes. POGO leads a unique and impactful pediatric cancer network that is a model for Canada and the world.
We do this through:
- Financial assistance to families to help with out-of-pocket costs such as babysitting, food and accommodation when their child is diagnosed with cancer
- Special education and employment supports to survivors that face complications as a result of their cancer and/or treatment
- Research that utilizes POGO’s unique database, including medical and treatment information on every child that has gone through cancer treatment anywhere in Ontario for the past 30 years
YOU can make a meaningful difference for kids in cancer care. START FUNDRAISING TODAY!
- Access Island Girl’s online fundraising page for POGO here.
- Click on the green button on the right hand side directing you to ‘Join Team’.
- If you have supported POGO in the past and are a returning user, a big thank you! Login by using your previous username and password.
- If you are new to the POGO community, welcome! Setting up your personal fundraising page is easy, simply follow the prompts and you will be registered in no time.
- Why not lead by example and self-donate? It all starts with you!
- Personalize your fundraising page and tell your supporters why YOU are helping POGO. Share your own story, photos and videos. People give to people!
- Share the link to your fundraising page with family, friends and colleagues through social media and email.
- Look into whether your employer has a corporate matching program and watch your fundraising double!
- Raise $500 or more and earn an incentive gift – YOU DESERVE IT!*
If online fundraising is not your thing, that’s okay too. Print out a pledge form and personally ask your friends and family to support you in your mission to champion kids’ cancer care.
For those who fundraise $500 or more, you’ll earn a beach bag full of great beach ‘essentials’, exclusive POGO swag and other amazing sponsor giveaways.
You can hand deliver cheques and pledge forms to POGO at Island Girl, or mail to: Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario, 480 University Ave., Suite 1014,Toronto, ON M5G 1V2
Need support? More information or inspiration?
Any questions at all, don’t hesitate to contact:
Erika Haigh, Development Assistant
416-592-1232 Ext. 250
Lauren’s Story: The Childhood Cancer Family Experience
Childhood cancer is not an individual disease. It affects the whole family, community and society.